History has already been made in the Divisional Round of the NFL playoffs.
Missing star quarterback and MVP candidate Carson Wentz, the Philadelphia Eagles are the first top seed to go into their opening playoff matchup as underdogs.
That is perhaps the greatest illustration of the lack of faith in Wentz's replacement Nick Foles as he leads the Eagles into a matchup with an Atlanta Falcons team that produced an excellent defensive effort to knock off the Los Angeles Rams in their Wild Card matchup.
There figures to be a similar lack of belief in Marcus Mariota and the Tennessee Titans against the defending Super Bowl champion New England Patriots despite their stunning comeback against the Kansas City Chiefs last week.
The Jacksonville Jaguars will be out to replicate their 30-9 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers from October when they visit Heinz Field again for a place in the AFC Championship Game.
A place in history could also beckon for the Minnesota Vikings, whose bid to become the first team to play in the Super Bowl in their home stadium resumes as they take on the New Orleans Saints.
Here we look at some of the best Opta facts for this weekend's second-round matchups.
Atlanta Falcons @ Philadelphia Eagles
- Philadelphia have totalled under 220 yards of offense in their last two home games, the first time they have done so since September 12-19, 1999. They have not done so in three straight home games since October 10-31, 1971.
- Since the start of Week 15, the Eagles are averaging 17.7 points and 258.9 yards of offense per game, which rank as the 12th and fourth-worst, respectively, in the NFL over that time. Prior to that, they averaged 31.1 points and 390.4 yards of offense per game, good for the best and the third-best in the league.
- Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones is averaging 104.7 receiving yards per game in the postseason, the best average in league history (minimum six games).
- The Falcons have won three of their last four road games after their victory in Los Angeles last weekend. They have now forced at least one turnover in six straight away games after failing to force a single one in their previous three.
Tennessee Titans @ New England Patriots
- New England are 9-1 at home in the playoffs since the 2011 season. No other team has more than five home wins in the postseason in that time.
- Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski has caught nine touchdowns in the playoffs. Since 1999, only one other tight end has more than four in the postseason (Vernon Davis – 7).
- Last week, Tennessee quarterback Marcus Mariota became the first quarterback in league postseason history to catch a touchdown pass. He is also just the fifth quarterback since 1999 to record a touchdown pass and reception in the same game.
- Titans running back Derrick Henry finished with 156 rushing yards and a touchdown against Kansas City last week, becoming the second player in team history to record 150+ rushing yards in a playoff game.
Jacksonville Jaguars @ Pittsburgh Steelers
- The Steelers are 12-2 all time at home in the Divisional Round of the playoffs, the best record in the league (min. five games). Additionally, they are 5-1 at home in the postseason since the 2008 season, the second-best record in the NFL in that time (min. five games).
- Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has thrown multiple interceptions in six of his nine playoff games at home in his career.
- Jacksonville had 11 interceptions on the road during the regular season, tied for the second most in the league.
- The Jaguars won four road games this season. They won five between 2013 and 2016. Jacksonville has lost five of their last six road playoff games, though the one win came in Pittsburgh.
New Orleans Saints @ Minnesota Vikings
- The Vikings are 4-3 in their last seven home playoff games, but have lost two of their last three. They have not lost two straight home playoff games since doing so in 1988 against the Washington Redskins and 1993 against the Chicago Bears.
- The Vikings allowed just 15.8 points per game during the regular season, the fewest in the league. They also allowed just 13 passing touchdowns, also the fewest in the NFL.
- New Orleans are 1-6 all time on the road in the playoffs. In their seven road playoff games, they have 18 turnovers and just three takeaways.
- The Saints allowed the Panthers to gain 413 total yards in the Wild Card game. It was the first time this season that the Saints won a game in which the opponent gained 400+ yards in regulation. They are now 2-4 in games in which they allowed at least 400 yards this year, including their Week 1 loss to Minnesota.
#Saints QB Drew Brees needs 38 yards and two TDs to move into 9th place on both the postseason career passing yards and passing touchdowns leaderboards. h/t @OptaJerry #NOvsMIN pic.twitter.com/qdT8D1gLsJ— Omnisport US News (@OmnisportUS) January 11, 2018
|New Bordeaux coach Poyet offered Malcom assurances|
|Rakip excited to link up with ´legend´ Hodgson at Crystal Palace|
|France replace Parra and Dulin with Serin and Bonneval|
|Halep coasts in Melbourne as Kerber fights back to reach last eight|
|O´Neill rejects Scotland to stay on as Northern Ireland boss|
|Cochrane replaces injured Turner in Scotland squad|
|Simeone: Atleti must seize early control against Sevilla|
|Tandy departs struggling Ospreys|
|It´s not great - Djokovic to assess options on injured elbow|
|Super Bowl LII: Three key match-ups between Eagles and Patriots|
|Vermaelen sidelined for two weeks|
|Silva ranks Man City star De Bruyne with Ronaldo among world´s best|
|Djokovic and Thiem stunned at Australian Open, Federer eases through|
|Strikers ease past Renegades to book home semi-final|
|Chung revels in victory over ´idol´ Djokovic|
|Former England captain Armfield dies aged 82|
|Suffering Djokovic dumped out of Australian Open by Chung|
|Robinho set to join Sivasspor|
|´I don´t know if this is a dream´ - Sandgren stunned as remarkable run continues|
|Van Persie´s Feyenoord return ´beautiful and special´|
|Kepa pens new Athletic Bilbao deal amid Madrid speculation|
|I had pain everywhere - Halep determined to battle injury|
|PSG star Mbappe holds no grudge against Lopes after Lyon collision|
|Messi makes football better, says beaten Real Betis goalkeeper|
|Federer relishing Berdych reunion at Australian Open|
|Goretzka accepts vitriol from Schalke fans after Bayern move|
|What am I getting for my birthday? Arsenal-bound Mkhitaryan celebrates with Pogba|
|Halep sails into quarters after overpowering Osaka|
|Ince: Sanchez snubbed City because United are miles bigger|
|Federer sets up another Berdych showdown|
|Black Caps cruise past Pakistan in first T20|
|Bale: Madrid will get back to their best|
|Pacers snap Spurs´ home streak|
|Kerber survives scare en route to quarters|
|Valverde: Messi is the best player there is and there ever will be|
|NFC championship Game: Three takeaways from Eagles´ win over Vikings|
|Holland, Richardson added to squad for South Africa tour|
|Rahm struggling to believe he´s world number two|
|No more miracles for Vikings as Eagles cruise to Super Bowl|
|Trout wears dog mask to support Eagles|
|Emery: Lyon loss unfair on PSG|
|Rahm wins CareerBuilder Challenge on fourth play-off hole|
|AFC Championship Game: Three takeaways from Patriots´ win over Jaguars|
|Spalletti defends struggling Inter amid six-game winless run|
|Holding: Kohli not great until he scores runs in England|
|Fekir: Lyon still targeting Champions League despite PSG win|
|J.J. Watt named Walter Payton Man of the Year finalist|
|Wenger suggests Sanchez is joining Manchester United for money|
|Brady produces stunning fourth-quarter comeback as Patriots reach 10th Super Bowl|
|Hazard: Chelsea don´t need to buy a striker|
|Rakitic hails ´patient´ Barcelona after Real Betis rout|
|Neymar? I´d rather watch the golf, says Bale|
|Mbappe injury from goalkeeper collision ´nothing serious´|
|Don´t look back - Guardiola gives Manchester City title warning|
|Vermaelen to face tests on new hamstring injury|
|Conte wants ´point of reference´ striker as Barnes joins surprising Chelsea links|
|Sane the perfect tonic to Sanchez blues for City and Guardiola|
|Suarez scores 100th LaLiga goal as Messi reaches new milestones|
|Irving scores 40 points on return but Celtics lose again|
|Lyon 2 Paris Saint-Germain 1: 10-man leaders downed by twin wondergoals|
|Inter 1 Roma 1: Vecino snatches point on possible Dzeko farewell|
|Real Betis 0 Barcelona 5: Messi, Suarez rampant as leaders go 11 points clear|
|PSG star Mbappe injured in goalkeeper collision|
|Smith rejects ball tampering talk|
|Monchi: Roma will replace Dzeko|
|Kessie a far better player than I was, claims AC Milan coach Gattuso|
|Neymar to Real Madrid stories manufactured by Spanish press, claims Marquinhos|
|Brady active with taped throwing hand for AFC Championship Game|
|Cagliari 1 AC Milan 2: Kessie at the double in comeback win|
|Watford hire Javi Gracia as Marco Silva successor|